Sandy’s Swinging Elves – Christmas decorations
– Hanging Together – 4″ wide x 19 ½” Individually – 3 ½” – 4″ wide x 7″ high
– Add these cheeky chaps to your Christmas tree or hang them together to create a festive mobile or door hanger. These decorative hanging elves combine fusible applique with redwork embroidery, woolen felt and braided embroidery thread. Tiny bells are added to the tip of each hat to complete the trio. Buttons are sewn to the back, enabling the elves to be easily linked together as a mobile or taken apart for individual Christmas decorations.
– Bring a touch of embroidered cheer to your festive home this Christmas or create as a Christmas gift for someone dear.
– This pattern includes an IRON ON TRANSFER so you won’t have to spend any of your stitching time tracing. You’ll also find a full sized pattern sheet and comprehensive illustrated and photographic instructions.
REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED ON THE PATTERN COVER
– Off White/Cream Fabric – A Fat Sixteenth – for elf background fabric
– Three different Red Fabrics (choose fabrics that contrast with each other) – A Fat -Sixteenth of each – for appliqued hats, shirts, collars and baubles
– Red Felt (I used woolen felt) – A 10″ square – for backing the elves
Threads and notions required
– Stranded Embroidery Cotton Red
—— 2 skeins of Red (I used DMC 3777) – for embroidery and braided cord
—— 1 skein of Off-white Thread – for running stitch around panels
– Fusible Stabiliser – A 10″ square – for backing elf panels
– Freezer Paper – 10″ square – for cutting felt
– Fusible Webbing – 10″ x 20″
– Three 1/4″ (6mm) Bells – for elves hats
– Two 3/4″ (2cm) Red Buttons – for linking elves together
– An ERASABLE Fabric Marker
– General sewing supplies