Let There be Joy ~ Christmas table mat – 8″ x 18 ½” (20.3 x 47cm)
– Add a touch of festive embroidery to your home with this small Christmas table mat. Patchwork rows trimmed with threaded back-stitch border an embroidered pair of sweet wrens and banner bearing a simple Christmas wish.
– “Let There be Joy” explores the use of common embroidery stitches to create a variety of effects. Combine textures and threads for a variegated look. Fill circles without satin-stitch. Combine stitches for a pretty banner edge and add threaded backstitch to your patchwork… a simple stitch that gives the effect of small ric-rac.
– This pattern includes an IRON ON TRANSFER so you won’t have to spend any of your stitching time tracing. You’ll also find a full sized pattern sheet and comprehensive illustrated and photographic instructions.
REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED ON THE PATTERN COVER
– Light Beige Fabric – A Fat Quarter OR 15cm x width of fabric
– for embroidered panel
– Red Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows
– Off-white and Red Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows
– Caramel Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for patchwork rows
– 1st Dark Green Print – A Fat Sixteenth – for above and below the panel
AND – A Fat Eighth – for backing the mat
– 2nd Dark Green Print – A Fat Eighth – for outside borders
– Fusible Stabiliser – 5 ½” x 19″ – for embroidered panel
– Thin Fusible Batting – 8″ x 18 ½”
Notions and Embroidery Threads
– Stranded Embroidery Cottons (2 skeins of yellow, 1 skein of all others)
—— Light-Medium Beige / Brown (I used DMC 167) – for bird, star hangers and banner
—— Medium-Dark Brown (I used DMC 938) – for birds’ beaks, eyes and legs
—— Red (I used DMC 221) – for berries and text in banner
—— Medium Green (I used DMC 3011) – for leafy branches
—— Mustard Yellow (I used DMC 729) – stars, banner, embroidered edges of patchwork
– A very fine Fabric Marker
– General sewing supplies