Good Tidings – Vintage Christmas Stitchery ~ Finished size to suit an A4 sized frame
– With hearts full, these sweet carollers celebrate the festive season with a traditional Christmas carol. Inspired by vintage Christmas cards and advent calendars, this One Day in May design celebrates family tradition and simple celebration of Christmas’ past.
– The Good Tidings pattern includes an IRON ON TRANSFER so you won’t have to spend any of your stitching time tracing. You’ll also find a full sized pattern sheet and comprehensive illustrated and photographic instructions.
– Back-stitch, French Knots, Running Stitch, Simple Straight Stitches and a little Satin-stitch are used to create this vintage style piece. This design uses just 4 skeins of variegated thread (Cottage Garden Threads) and is highlighted with Gold Thread. Alternatively, create a unique colourway with threads from your own collection.
– Add a touch of festive nostalgia to your home this Christmas.
♦ NOTE – Please visit this page if you are looking for the thread and transfer pack to accompany my “We wish you a…” pattern, recently published in Homespun Magazine.
REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED ON THE PATTERN COVER
– Off White Fabric – 1 x Fat Quarter – for embroidery panel
– Red Fabric (small print) – A Fat Eighth – for top and bottom borders
– Fusible Stabiliser – 13″ x 15″ – for backing the embroidery panel
– Thin Wadding/Batting – 14″ x 16″ – for framing
– 4 different skeins of variegated, stranded cotton – a light brown, red, lighter green & darker green.
I used Cottage Garden Threads… Carrot Seed 310, Toffee Apple 1, Oregano 809 and Swamp Gum 207.
– Gold Thread – I used Au Papillon Fil D’or Thread – Medium Gold
– A very fine Fabric Marker
– General Sewing Supplies
– An A4 sized timber frame