We wish you a… – Thread and Transfer Pack
– A thread and transfer pack to accompany the One Day in May Christmas project, “We wish you a…”, featured in the July, 2016 issue of Homespun Magazine. NOTE – Project instructions and pattern sheet are NOT included in this pack. They can be found in the above issue of Homespun Magazine. If you don’t have the issue containing this project, the pattern may also be purchased HERE.
– The Thread and Transfer Pack includes
- the required 4 skeins of Cottage Garden Threads
- 5 metres of Au Papillon Fil D’Or – Medium Gold thread
- 1 x A4 sized Iron-on Transfer
- Transfer Instructions
- a photo of the “We wish you a…” project
– This project is the first in a series of One Day in May Christmas carol stitcheries, designed in a vintage style and embroidered with traditional Christmas tones. The second project in the series, “Joy to the World”, was also published in Homespun in December, 2019. A “Joy to the World” Thread and Transfer pack is also available.
– I’ve chosen beautiful, variegated threads for this project… each thread lovingly hand dyed by Cottage Garden Threads. You may find colour variations across different dyelots. I sometimes select and use different tones cut from the one skein, if wanting a specific tone for a particular part of a design.
– Au Papillon Fil D’Or thread is the “nicest to use” metallic thread I’ve come across. To help prevent thread fraying and tangles, use lengths of thread that are no longer than your forearm. A needle with a larger eye, can help reduce kinks in the thread. Using a thread conditioner or beeswax can also help protect the thread and prevent tangles. I also tend to stitch a little more slowly when using metallic thread. The more gentle your stitching, the less damaged the thread becomes, as it pulls through the fabric.