Petite Blooms Needlebook with Scissor Fob ~ Finished size 5 ½” square
Petite Blooms Needlework Roll ~ Finished size 10″ x 2 1/4″ closed / 10″ x 16 ½” open
– The “Petite Blooms ~ Sewing Set” pattern includes iron on transfers for all embroidered panels, a full sized pattern sheet and an abundance of photographic and illustrated instruction.
– Combine patchwork, applique, embroidery and dimensional fabric flowers to create this pretty yet practical sewing set. Make a needlework roll for storing your finished needlework blocks or works in progress, a needlebook with matching scissor fob… or both.
– The embroidered panels are embellished with flowers cut from easily made “double-sided fabric”. They are attached to the feature panels with central embroidery, leaving the edges free to sit up a little from the background. This adds a subtle dimensional quality to the design. Ecru threaded backstitch is sewn around the outside of each embroidery panel, giving the effect of a subtle lace edge.
– The “Petite Blooms” needlebook features a patchwork cover with an embroidered panel. The panel design is embellished with dimensional flowers. Inside, you’ll discover felted wool needlekeeps, a “flap pocket” and three open pockets. The needlebook is securely closed with a braided tie that winds around a button on the back. A matching scissor fob completes this sweet sewing set.
– Lay your needlework blocks inside the “Petite Blooms” needlework roll, roll up and tie with a bow for safekeeping. Each time you open the roll an embroidered verse with patchwork borders is revealed. The outside of the needlework roll combines rows of simple patchwork and a floral feature panel with embroidery and dimensional flowers.
REQUIREMENTS AS LISTED ON THE PATTERN COVER
Needed for Either Project
– General Sewing Supplies
– Fusible Webbing – 5″ square
– Freezer Paper – 2″ x 4″
– An ERASABLE Fabric Marker
– An Applique Glue Pen
– Stranded Embroidery Cottons
—— Variegated Light-Medium Green (I used Cottage Garden Threads -Thyme 804)
—— Orange to match orange fabric for flowers (I used Madeira 0310)
—— Light Aqua Blue – for dots and braided ties (I used DMC 598)
—— Ecru – for flower centres and panel edging
Additional Needlebook and Scissor Fob Requirements
– Off White Fabric – A Fat Eighth
– Off White Felted Wool – 4 ½” x 7 ½”
– Lighter Blue Print – A Fat Eighth
– Darker Blue Print – A Fat Eighth
– Solid Orange Fabric – 5″ square
– Fusible Stabiliser – 10″ square
– Thin FUSIBLE Wadding or Pellon – 7″ x 11″
– Two (12-15 mm) Off White buttons – closure and fob
– One Press Stud – closure of flap pocket
Additional Needlework Roll Requirements
– Off White Fabric – 15″ (40cm) x width of fabric
– Lighter Blue Print – 7″ (20cm) x width of fabric
– Darker Blue Print – 7″ (20cm) x width of fabric
– Solid Orange Fabric – A Fat Eighth
– Fusible Stabiliser – 10″ x 14″
– Thin Fusible Wadding or Pellon – 12″ x 26″
– A sturdy Cardboard Tube – approx 1 ½” (38mm) diameter, at least 10 ½” long
– Stranded Embroidery Cotton for Verse – Variegated aqua blue (I used Cottage Garden Threads – Murray Pine 1204)